6 hours of individual training behind the wheel (Limited Certificate provided)
The Marietta/Cobb Driver’s Education Program is licensed by the Department of Driver Services (License # DE 120) and supported by course fees. The cost is $295.
Course, registration and policy information
This course is offered to high school students in need of behind the wheel training. Most driving appointments meet at the Marietta Sixth Grade Academy located at 340 Aviation Road, Marietta, GA. (see map) We have a second location for driving appointments located in Bartow County at 739 Grassdale Road, Carterville, GA. (see map) Please make a request at 770-429-3170 Ext. 3301 if your child would like to drive from the Bartow location.
Completion of this course provides a limited certificate only. Visit JoshuaCourseChart.pdf to view other requirements needed to obtain the Class D learner's permit.
All Driver’s Education cars are equipped with an instructor side brake and meet the requirements for the GA Department of Drivers Services.
The behind the wheel instruction in this course is intended for students who have strong attention and behavior skills and intact sensory acuity. Behind the wheel instruction is one-on-one instruction and students are assigned to instructors in the order in which they register for the course and will be contacted by the driving instructor regarding a convenient schedule of 3 – 2 hour driving appointments.
Our office must have the student’s permit number and date of issue before the student can be assigned to a driver’s education instructor for their 6 hours of behind the wheel driving. If that information was not completed on the registration form please fax the permit number and date of issue to our office at 770-429-3178. The student will not be assigned until we receive this information.
Cancelled driving appointments result in lost instructional hours and delay the assignment of the remaining students. Driving appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $40 rescheduling fee. Policies
Methods of Payment (We accept Visa, MasterCard, and Discover Cards, Checks, Money Orders, and Cash)
- Register Online!
- Register by fax! Print out the registration form and fax it to 770-429-3178 complete with credit card information. Forms are available in Adobe Acrobat Format*
- Register by mail! Simply print out the registration form and mail it to the Marietta/Cobb Driver’s Education office along with your check or credit card information. Forms are available in Adobe Acrobat format*.
- Refunds are not given after the first driving appointment
- Students must have a valid Georgia permit or license to begin the 6 hour driving portion of the class.
- Cancelled driving appointments result in lost instructional time and delay the assignment of the remaining students. Driving appointments must be cancelled at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $40 rescheduling fee.
- Student must have permit with them during all driving sessions. If student arrives to a driving session without their permit, the student will be turned away and will incur a $40 rescheduling fee.